Quilting and Sewing with a loving Purpose Dec.18/2018



QUILTING AND SEWING WITH A LOVING PURPOSE


A few months ago I started a very small group of ladies who are helping me quilt and sew for the purpose of assisting in the purchase and ongoing work of setting up to homes in our area for the rescuing of young women being rescued from thehuman traficing trade. One home will be for the initial receiving and the second will deal with their continued needs of  preparing them to enter the work place.


PILLOW CASES AND GROCERY BAGS





The first group of items were pillow cases and grocery bags. These have been made primarly to

furnish the homes and the grocery bags as gifts.


Three small knitted baby afhgans were donated as well.


                                                             XXXXXXXX


OTHER ITEMS




This is a tote bag with a matching zippered pouch. This is my cleaning lady who bought it from me before I could blink. 100% of the proceeds have been given to the Elora House.


                                                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


LAP QUILTS

Three Unfinished  Lap Tops which are being made for the Seeds House. These have been deliberately left unfinished for the time being as we realized that they will not be needed for several months.

The strip quilt top is nearly ready to quilt and the star block one still has a few blocks to finish along with another one.





                                                             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX



CUSHIONS


I have made a few cushions and one was donated recently, I  have also become interested in collage work and I have been using this to make some cushions.   The Cathedral window one was donated and has been sold.


The middle quilt block I created from seeing a small picture then adding my
                      own embellishments,
SOLD
My First effort of collaging using tatting buttons




XXXXXXX




WORKS IN PROGRESS    Dec. 19, 2018







I took this pic. a few days ago and I am still working on it. I wanted to redo my picture but my printer is down. I did get a little more done today,







I started this piece a week or so ago and it has been sitting on my design board waiting to find just the right colour that suits me but some things have been fastened in place since I took the picture Dec, 1st.





















Comments