Art Projects 2012-13


My first Art Piece
Sunflower Delight
My first attempt at Quilt Art. I have called it "Sunflower Delight". I have used various free motion designs with metallic and variegated  threads, corded twisted wool. braid and rick rack and the addition of some buttons. I drew the pattern onto freezer paper then cut the fabric pieces.  (Feb.2013)

I was inspired to this piece of art by a watercolour painting that I did a couple of years ago . I took a piece of freezer paper and drew out a design then cut it out and used it to cut out my fabric.
The pieces went together quite quickly. I glued them to a light interfacing as a stabalizer for the machine embroidery.  




It's a Journey!
Auditioning party. What costume should I wear? This little piece started as a improvo practice piece and is now moving on to new things. At this point nothing is sure. We wait to see. Come visit again and see what becomes of me.
"Faith, Hope, Charity".....a new piece in process on my all too small designer board. Still has to be quilted and a couple items adjusted but it is coming along.

Comments